Our Practice Nurses will continually be performing annual comprehensive health checks for eligible patients.
At this health check the nurse will assess your overall health including your current medications. Please allow 1 hour for this assessment. All results and any follow up will be done by your doctor.
The assessment will be bulk billed through Medicare, so please bring your Medicare card with you to your appointment.
Should you wish to attend this Annual Health Check, please contact:
Southside Medical Centre
07 5315 4622
9:00 – 4:00pm
Monday – Friday
to make an appointment.
We feel that annual health checks are important to your continuing care and hope to hear from you in the near future.
Health Assessments available:
- Over 75 years Health Assessment
- 40-45 years Diabetic Risk Assessment
- 40-49 years Health Check
- Diabetes Cycle of Care & 6 month review
- Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander – 715
- Asthma Cycle of Care.
MoleMAX Skin Imaging
How can you tell the difference between a Mole and a Melanoma?
- MoleMAX magnifies a mole 30 times and uses specialised light to look through your skin to see the mole structure. This makes detecting melanomas easier and means fewer unnecessary operations.
- The MoleMAX computer permanently records and stores images of your moles along with your doctor’s diagnosis for an ongoing record. This means your moles can be monitored for change over the years.
Consultations are bulk billed.
We offer Travel Health Vaccination and are an approved Yellow Fever Centre.
When making an appointment for travel vaccinations please note that you need to:
- Advise reception the appointment is for travel medicine, we will book a longer appointment for you with a doctor who specialises in this area.
- Six weeks before your departure date have your first visit to maximize vaccine coverage.
- Bring your itinerary so we can give you the best possible advice.
- Also advise the doctor: – the length of your trip, the type of accommodation and activities that you will be involved in.
- Alert the doctor if you have any chronic illnesses, are allergic to anything or take any medications.
A Vaccine fee is the cost charged to you for the vaccine you received. Prices available on request.
You will always be charged a Consultation fee as per your doctor’s normal charge.